Wednesday, October 17, 2012

The World's Best Unknown Artists


There was a time where I was really, really, really into Flickr. I might go so far as to say that I even spent more time on the photo sharing website than I did on Facebook. It was a time in my life when photography was really new and exciting...and unfortunately I was living in a country where taking photos in public was sort of asking to make a spectacle of yourself. So I did a lot more photo viewing than photo taking, save for self-portraits.

What I discovered was amazing untapped talent. Some of those people have made it by now, some of them may have left photography altogether, and some of them, like me, are probably still trucking along, improving their craft all the time but not with much recognition. The world's best unknown artists reside on Flickr.
Cliff flip by Harley Haskett Untitled by AllieMalley Pope on Bike by viettalibre The Apology by Lisse Elle Graslei Gent by Michael Stoop Crystal Castles Crowd by Jack Jeffries  
Waterfront Mosque by Oberazzi
 
the skater by pschmutz Dream team by Hani Amir 050325, San Fernando, Pampanga, Philippines by ewah

No comments: