Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Kauai Instagramage

"And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair" - Khalil Gibran








If a picture is worth a 1,000 words, I think you can tell that my short 4 day trip to Kauai, Hawaii was of epic proportions (more on my Instagram). My only regret is that I didn't stay longer. From the second I arrived, I was overwhelmed by the natural beauty of the island, found in the landscapes to the people, the cemeteries to the food (odd, I know). We made a few friends including Micah (pictured above) as well as the dudes on our boat tour (who I unfortunately did not take contact information from). Maybe you can tell, but I feel like I left a little bit of my heart. It's been so long since I have ran so freely, danced in ocean water, smiled for prolonged periods of time, and felt my face get whipped by fresh, fresh wind. I almost forgot what it feels like...you know. To be alive.

3 comments:

Raj said...

I love Hawaii! Great shots here.

Tori Ishikawa said...

Next time you come to the islands. Just explore, no tourist areas. Wherever the roads take you. And glad you absolutely enjoyed it here. :) Well, here-ish, considering I live on Oahu. Lol

fancysarah said...

Awesome pictures of such an amazing place - went two years ago on our honeymoon and had the best food at The Mermaid Cafe....I still salivate when I look at the picture of that delicious food. Can't wait to go back!!!!