Monday, September 26, 2011

Lincoln Center

So here they are, ladies and gents, all three photos I took at fashion week. Late? Yes. I had some difficulty getting this roll of film developed which put me back a few weeks. I wish I had taken more photos and got them developed faster...but let me tell you: The space outside Lincoln Center is pure, absolute madness.

Oh, oh! Also crazy story! A year or so ago I became familiar with the online store Filthy Magic through the store's account on Model Mayhem. I loved the styling and wished the person behind it was nearer, and I also wanted some shoes from it, which didn't end up working out. In the aftermath of my trip, I realized Ria, who I met at Lucky FABB and then ran into in front of Lincoln Center, is the owner. Total weirdness.

Christine, Sabla, and Ria

I don't know who this dude was but I'm diggin' the hair-matching-shoes look. Swag.

Okay, so this was the funniest occurrence to me. These two models walk outside of Lincoln Center and one photog gets them to start posing with the reflector. Then all the photographers there...no really, all of them, start photographing her too. Notice the typical "model face" that the girl is giving them. Obviously she's a model, right? The funny thing #1 is that somewhere in the middle the original photog asked her name (it was Gabriel), meaning beforehand he didn't know who she was #2 I wouldn't event request this girl if I saw her on one of my agency websites. Yawn boring #3 We're a funny breed and industry aren't we?

3 comments:

HK_Barbie said...

Thanks for snapping our photo! I'm Christine btw! I'm resigned to the fact that I'm blinking in every photo that was snapped of me in that outfit -_-"

Sarah said...

You are welcome! And hey, don't worry about it! Your outfit looked great!

Ria said...

Thanks for taking our photo! Love it. I like the other photos you too too!