Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Wandering Star

Wandering Star


Wandering Star

Wandering Star

Wandering Star Outtake

Wandering Star Outtake

Wandering Star Outtake

Wandering Star Outtake

Wandering Star Outtake

When my makeup artist Noel told me she was going to be visiting the Bay Area again around Christmas time, I knew I had to plan something around her trip. A killer makeup artist, Noel is as cool and she is talented, and her and my stylist-friend, Ashley, are pretty much twins. We settled on the day after Christmas. One of my newest muses, Alex A. with Look SF/Next LA, was on my too-shoot-with-(again) list and agreed to come back from her vacation early for the shoot. Alex has an unrivaled enthusiasm for modeling coupled with a can-do attitude and beautiful eyes. As a result, we’ve actually become friends and I hope to continue shooting her. As I said before, this girl is going to be big!

The changes went quickly, all pulled courtesy of Labels in Walnut Creek. We ended the day with a meal at Buffalo Bill’s, which is now the place we always eat at whenever we shoot in the area.

Naturally, I was thrilled when W25 Magazine picked up the spread. And yes, I named the spread after the song by Portishead. If you must know I named the "What's Golden" shoot after a song by Jurassic 5! Both great songs if you haven't heard them!

No comments: