Monday, March 14, 2011

This is No Sienna Miller





















I'm a sucker for Jason Lee Parry's work. I mean the guy even has his own tag on my blog, because I have blogged about him before and knew I would again. I find this editorial for No Magazine #13 to be slightly more dark than his usual work, which is usually very, very California. I'm a little shocked that there is not toplessness, or bottomlessness for that matter, which is very un-Jason Lee Parry-esque if you do a quick search for his work. Personally, I haven't seen much from Parry since his incredible editorial for Tokion Magazine (which is now Factory Magazine, btw!) The spread still has several distinctly Lee Parry marks though - seemingly effortlessly beautiful photography, a distinct taste of hip, and a model with a I'm-hot-fuck-you attitude. Parry's style is to photography as Kate Moss is to stylish dressing - it seems to be something that just sort of happens rather than something planned to the last inch. And that makes it more perfect and intriguing than any outfit Sienna Miller ever planned.




P.S. In case you haven't noticed, I hate Sienna Miller. I realize this is understood also totally unrelated.

P.P.S. I also hate Cory Kennedy

1 comment:

Faridah said...

this is such a hot shoot.