Monday, February 14, 2011

Jesus Don't Want Me For a Sunbeam










Kurt Cobain's house








Hanging out in front of Kurt's house may he rest in peace...


Hanging out in front of Kurt's house may he rest in peace...


It is said Courtney Love poured some of Kurt's ashes on this beach. It's now a memorial for him and people all over the world leave him notes, stickers and cigarettes. I sat on it and thought about him. Does that count?


Cigs for Kurt


Leaving Seattle for the day to explore an abandoned army bunker at Port Townscend...















My never before posted photos from my trip to Seattle last October. Talk about late...but then again I'm not sure how interested people are in my personal photos. I went to visit my good friends Sacha and Matt and met their friends Kyle and Byran (and we quickly became friends). It was my second time going to Seattle so there wasn't a lot of tourism needed. To be honest, I am a fairly low-maintenance guest. I just want to be somewhere new, experience that place and be with my friends. Space needles and fish markets don't interest me, just hanging with Sacha, Matt, Kyle and Bryan. To be fair I did a lot more with them but don't have photos of them. We went to the scariest haunted house I've ever been to in my life and saw a real life antique herst in a grocery store (as part of the halloween decorations). Most of the above photos are actually not from Seattle itself, but at Port Townscend, in a regional park there with a seriously creepy abandoned army bunker in it. The photos are all film, which means I wasn't able to get any photos in the bunker since it wasn't very well lit. My only tourist-y demand for Sacha was that i wanted to see Kurt Cobain's house as Nirvana is my favorite band. We went there and lounged on the nearby grass in Kurt's memory.

Hopefully, I will be going back to Seattle to visit Sacha, Matt, Kyle and Bryan within the coming months. Can't wait to make some new memories...

No comments: