Saturday, December 11, 2010

Once More with Feeling

The Anthem of Unsung Youth

The Anthem of Unsung Youth

The Anthem of Unsung Youth

The Anthem of Unsung Youth

The Anthem of Unsung Youth

The Anthem of Unsung Youth


After weeks of trying to plan various different shoots, I finally got a chance to shoot with two models I really liked. Alex at Look SF/Next LA might just be my new favorite model. And the same goes for Andrew with Ford SF in terms of male models. Both stellar, both beautiful, both a ball to work with. It rained as we shoot these photos and we kept shooting as long as we physically could before the rain became too much to handle. After less than 45 minutes of shooting, we called it a day and went out for some lunch at a local Thai spot. Make up was done by Padi Arvin. While I don't mean to talk up my own work, I must say I'm pretty pleased with how this set came out. See my facebook page or flickr for more photos.

In November I also tackled some brief tests with Leanna at JE and Aleksandra at Ford. I'm overwhelmingly pleased to be testing with these two agencies.

Leanna

Leanna

Leanna

Leanna

Aleksandra

Overall, the last month has been quite difficult for shoots as it's been raining a lot and all of my locations are outdoor. Basically, I have to plan shoots and cross my fingers for good weather, which is very hard because there are so many parties involved who have to clear their plans for the day and a stylist that has to pull looks (at least five if we're trying to shoot an editorial). I'm hoping to start tackling from spring editorial spread so I am hoping the weather looks up - I know we need rain, but just for the days I am shooting haha. My stylist extraordinaire is moving to LA in just a little more than a month so I'm desperately trying to get as many shoots as I can with her until then...while also looking for a few new stylists who are as versatile as they are pleasant and dependable. If this is you, feel free to e-mail me, admin [at] sarahjehan.com.

No comments: