Saturday, October 30, 2010

Happy Halloweekend


My pre-school homies and I circa 1989 or so

Ahh. Halloween. It's pretty much my favorite holiday (though I usually say this about whichever holiday is coming up next). Scary stuffs, freaks in the streets, men wearing make up, babies dressed as skunks, and all these hair-dos that would typically be socially acceptable suddenly become cool. But just for one night.

While I usually prefer my shoots and own clothing to be a little more playful, I can recognize the appeal of black/scary shit. I want to be Amy Winehouse (assuming I go out for halloween tonight), and I want to share these scary photos with you guys.























In addition, I just wanted to wish my friend and killer stylist Lindsay of www.Thrifted.net a happy birthday. I already did via Twitter, Facebook, again on Facebook and in person but ya'knowwww!

I actually have been ridiculously neglectful of my blog. So much so I forgot to post my own images from my latest and first publication in the fall issue of C-Heads Magazine. To see it in its full glory, go to C-Heads and turn to page 46. The spread was five changes and is called "What's Golden."

This was my so-called dream team shoot - fabulous stylist Ashley Farnaz, amazing and cool make up artist Noel Nichols who was visiting from LA, and models Kyla Moran with Look and Nekole Kemelle with City. A hair stylist was supposed to do hair but he very strangely bailed the morning of - he has requested that his name not be mentioned here as a "defamation of his character." Very weird. Regardless, hair was a joint effort between Ashley and Noel. We ended up shooting as the sun went down so it probably worked out better - we would have been that much more late, and it would have put a damper on my dream team. This is my first couple shoot since my first shoot with real models back when I shot only film in 2007, so it was pretty exciting. I have worked with Nikki before so I was thrilled to have her on my team again as she as a fabulous model and recently started shooting for Thrifted.net. Kyla is absolutely stunning and was on my to-shoot list for a while. I was equally excited to have her on board and she also has recently started modeling for Thrifted.net, so watch out for her! Her eyebrows are incredible!

What's Golden in C-Heads Magazine


What's Golden in C-Heads Magazine


What's Golden in C-Heads Magazine


What's Golden in C-Heads Magazine


What's Golden in C-Heads Magazine


What's Golden in C-Heads Magazine


What's Golden in C-Heads Magazine


What's Golden in C-Heads Magazine


And a few unpublished outtakes I really like...

What's Golden Outtake


What's Golden


What's Golden Outtake


I have so much more to say about my trip to Seattle earlier this month, but I'll leave it for later. I had a few shoots this month but I've mostly been taking it easy - once in a while, a break to spend time with family and friends is required, otherwise you run the risk to burning out. It's nice to have a Saturday spent blogging while listening to classic Arabic music. I have a very busy November ahead of me. Until next time x

1 comment:

Taylor Sterling said...

this is so amazing girl! I love the light and the way you captured them!!