Saturday, January 16, 2010

Pearls and Neon

Let me preface this by saying I am fucking exhausted and have a million things to do before going to bed. I'm doing another crazy-rebellious-teenager shoot tomorrow with a model coming from LA named Johanna and my main MUA Sarah. I need to finish taping shoes and organizing outfits. Oh, and I want to watch another episode of freaks and geeks before bed too. Just another current obsession. James Franco is hot.

This morning I woke up super early because my friend Samihah and I were doing a day trip to the city as we often do. Samihah is an early bird she she was talking about meeting at the BART station at 8:00. I told her she was a nutso and bargained her up to 9:30 - so it was a huge surprise to me when she texted me at 9:26 telling me she overslept. I had just arrived at the BART station and missed my SF BART because I had to call her and scold her, and then I had to tell her I hated her (read: she's my former roommate, and I actually lurveeee her).

I got to SF and had a cup of coffee at my favorite cafe in Union Square before heading to H&M and buying myself a tacky floral print shirt (it's so wrong yet so right!) and a harness. I know these two things don't really go together. Go with it - I am an eclectic dresser. Besides jewelry for me = jewelry for photoshoots. On the other hand, a harness and brightly color combat boots might just be the only two things I don't think I can pull off. I bought these babies for my models yesterday. I just was drooling all over them...so I got four.



Anyway, when Samihah finally got there we headed to Crossroads on Irving Street. Enid, the Online Marketing Operations Assistant for Crossroads, was nice enough to invite me to a store event, and I was invited as a member of the blogging press. I used to be a journalist, so it kinda felt good to be a part of the "press" again haha. Samihah and I got off the N muni and met a few other event goers getting off the muni too. It was awesome meeting Liz of Pop Culture Afternoon and Aimee of Song of Style. And yes, both are equally as stylish in real-life as they are on their blogs. I also finally met Enid and she is just as awesome as she is stylish and techy (Samihah is a tech-nerd so she enjoyed this). Samihah ended up buying an awesome gold ring. I found a pearl and neon necklace and instantly feel in love. Samihah looked on disapprovingly.



I also found an awesome black waist belt that had a little pouch attached to it - it was the perfect marriage of a fanny pack and a belt. I am so excited over it. Samihah was again disgusted. Enid thought this all amusing. Sorry, this pic is a little blurry:



Meanwhile, Samihah was posting the whole event on clixtr. In addition, Crossroads had got me a little goodie bag! I knew about this because Enid said this would be provided, but I was pretty stoked to find some cool gear it - a crossroads bag (I used to to carry everything I bought for the day), a cute t-shirt (that I will wear to the gym as opposed to by brother's old t-shirts), a photobook, a $10 gift certificate and two cute necklaces. The necklaces are below, and gift card went towards the items above.



They also bribed me with snacks:



i tried to take some pictures of the event but I made the mistake of bringing my holga instead of my digital camera. It wasn't very bright, so I will cross my fingers that they come out. I still need to finish the rest of the exposures and then I need to go to the center in Hayward to develop them.

After crossroads, we went to Marina and ate some delicious cup cakes at That Takes the Cake. We had to pass through the fillmore to get there and I kept trying to convince samihah that we should get off there - definitely much more my scene than Marina. Afterwards we had some more coffee, and I allowed Samihah to drag me through more shopping even though I was exhausted.

I have a shoot meet-up tomorrow at 2:30. I'm exhausted and i have busted my ass on the styling. Here's to hoping it doesn't rain...

No comments: