Monday, September 14, 2009

love love love

it was love at first sight:






How amazing are those two david yurman ads as jewelry ads as well as portraits? LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!

It's been a while since I last updated and I apologize! I did do a shoot a little over a week ago with some new talent. The whole thing was planned in less than a week - which was awesome. I was working with a group of people I had never worked with before include Amburlee, an amazing make up artist and hair stylist, Lauren, a great model signed with Halvorson, and Rebecca, a talented wardrobe stylist with a small portfolio. I was pleasantly surprised - every single member of the team surpassed my expectations. Everyone was warm, personable and very good at their craft. The result was magical. It goes to show that it really does take a great TEAM to produce something great - not just one individual or two.

We were going for something high-fashion and glamorous - a bit different from the more grungy teen magazine stuff I have been doing as of late. I wanted to do something with wild hair and make up, and I wanted the majority of the shots to be waist up or closer, the model lying down and outdoor of course. This is what we got for the first look, which fit my vision to a tea (click to see them larger):

Lux for Life 01


Lux for Life 02


Lux for Life 04


The second look was amazing as well - all of us shared the same vision. I loved Rebecca's styling, Amburlee's make up and hair work, and Lauren's posing. The only thing was that by the time all the hair, make up and clothing was done, the sun had gone down! I tried to shoot anyway but I had to use flash, and I don't have a strobe - just the crappy flash that is attached to my camera. Needless to say, the shots were coming out terrible. I was about to give up when Amburlee suggested using her boyfriend's lighting equipment - apparently he enjoys photography too and happened to own a soft box. So, that's what we did. It was kind of neat because it turned out to be the first time I got to work with professional lighting equipment. The light was amazing and Lauren just shinned. The only things that bothered me were the facts that we couldn't get any decent full body shots, as there was not enough light, and that it sort of didn't match the other look since it was inside. It still came out well though.

Lux for Life 07


Lux for Life 05


Annnnd there are a few more on my flickr, so check them out. We all want to continue the series so you may see some more of that in the next few weeks. I'm just sad because Rebecca's availability is about to drastically change and we may not get to shoot together again. It is sad because I felt like we worked together really well and I really liked her styling. I have been looking for a stylist to work with consistently for so long, but I can't seem to find that person. I'm glad to have found Amburlee and Lauren though.

Big things up ahead!

1 comment:

Sarah Balderas said...

Love the first and third photos from the first look, and the second photo from the second look...great job! I can't wait to see the rest on flickr! :)