Monday, August 3, 2009

denimology

I had a pretty successful shoot with Georgia from Look and make up artist Hanh on Saturday. We met up at 12:00 and when I got there Hanh was already putting the make up on Georgia. Georgia is beautiful and Hanh is very good at what she does. The make up, which was supposed to be cat eye, looked amazing, and Hanh also did a good job volumizing and teasing Georgia's hair. It was simply perfect.



One of Hanh's relatives acted as her assistant while she did Georgia's hair. Isn't thins simply adorable?



This was the end result before we got to the location and Georgia's hair got all messed up haha. Doesn't she look lovely?



Unfortunately, by the time we got to the location, Georgia's hair had gone limp, and the wind removed all that was left of her lovely polished hair. It didn't bother me much though, I like the messy look.

We did four changes inspired by the Citizens of Humanity Lookbook and the Kate Moss editorial for Paris Vogue. I called it "Denimology." I've only edited looks from the first change plus one from the last change. Here's a peak!

First change:

Denimology 01


Denimology 02


Denimology 04


Denimology 03


And the only one from the last change edited so far:



We wrapped up a little before 5:00 p.m., which was an hour earlier than I expected. Including make up, the whole thing took 5 hours, which is pretty good!

2 comments:

Sarah Balderas said...

ack! where did your pictures go?

Sarah Balderas said...

Love the red shoes in this change - awesome 2nd shot! I always seem to favor medium shots (as opposed to wide or closeups) and have been purposely staying away from them in order to build variety into my portfolio. (Don't know why I didn't say this in your most recent post since you mention it there...forgot! lol)