Thursday, August 20, 2009

Big Things Ahead

Shoot today! And tomorrow! Wish me luck!

Today I am doing a three change test with a beautiful model named Raven. No MUA this time - just me and her. I'm going to get off work and meet up with her slightly after - it'll be my first time doing such a thing, and it's only possible because it is a very simple shoot.

Tomorrow I am going to the city to get together with my wonderful make up artist Jonathan and a model named Kelsey, who is sign with Look in San Francisco. She's a lovely girl and also seems very nice! We're going to do two looks for this one. This one is very important to me - I'd like to impress the agency.

I was happy see some of my photos of Georgia on the websites for both of her agencies (Look in SF and Cast in Sacramento). I'd really like to start testing with Look models and get on the approved list so this is a step in the right direction!

I have less than a month left before my trip to Egypt. I'll be there for a month. I want to do as much as I can beforehand, but at the same time I know I have to be practical and leave some time for the rest of my life plus packing. I also am trying to start booking shoots for when I come back from now. I know myself well enough to know that I will come back and just be dying to shoot. I have a lot of good ideas and I would like to execute all of them before the end of the year. I hope I can gather a good enough team to do it. I have the MUAs and to an extent the models, but I am seriously lacking stylists. They're all four plus change editorial shoots so I need a good team - and I don't think I can do the styling on my own. We'll just have to see.

In the meantime, here are a few images that have been really inspiring me lately. You may be able to see how I translated this inspiration in my upcoming shoots. Click on the images to see more information and to view the artist's other works - they're all amazing people.


lamb, originally uploaded by nirrimi.






Simply Irresistible, originally uploaded by igor termenón.




virtue and vice, originally uploaded by micmojo.




the distance from her to there, originally uploaded by micmojo.




, originally uploaded by Damon Baker.




, originally uploaded by Damon Baker.




, originally uploaded by Damon Baker.

No comments: