Thursday, May 28, 2009

You Weren't Invited

I had a pretty eventful Memorial Day weekend. I went out to Seattle to visit my friend Sacha, and I aligned it so I'd get to see her little sister Mehreen, who who was visiting at the same time. I finally got to meet Matt, who is very cool, and my friend Augustin came along and stayed at Matt's place. We even got a chance to meet up with my friend Feyza. The weekend involved a lot of hanging out, eating (SO MUCH GOOD FOOD), shopping, watching terminator 4, and we even drove about 3 hours outside of Seattle to the gorge amphitheater for the Sasquatch music festival. It was a lot of fun. I'm putting up a few videos from my two favorite shows of the day. I love the Yeah Yeah Yeahs - the crowd was a little stiff but Karen O. is such a rock star. What a freaking pleasure.



The only show I enjoyed more was the Crystal Castles show. They were so late coming on, but we were so excited we were just dancing even though they were just playing crappy background music in the meantime. It took so long to finish the mic check, which was ridiculous because Alice Glass just screams into the microphone like a madwoman. Finally the band came on and the crowd just went completely INSANE. Like seriously. People started jumping up and down, pushing each other, crowding around the stage, shoving to get to the front, dancing, screaming. That is what I love about concerts. I don't know how many other people's sweat got on me, but that's just how I like it. And I was definitely one of the people jumping up and down, screaming and dancing. At about 0:55 of this video you can see how nuts people go when they start "Crimewave." Note this person was also way in the back, while my friends and I were in the front.



Alice Glass was supposedly rated the coolest person of 2008 by NME. This is not surprising. I need to figure out how she does her make-up (for myself and for my shoots).



The funniest part of sasquatch was a couple getting it on and having sex on the hill just above the main stage during the decemberists. Everyone was amused - even the band was looking up there and kind of laughing haha.

My best friend and I are busy working on my official website right now. There are some kinks here and there but for the most part it is done. Once the glitches work out I just need to upload all my photos and edit the website information and we'll be up and running! Woo!

My next shoot isn't until June 14th. I was hoping to be getting some agency work by now and thus fill up June that way, but I haven't heard anything back from them yet. I'm not sure I ever will...which will kind of dash my dreams of being a big famous photographer one day. We'll see, I'm still crossing my fingers and there are at least two more agencies I can try. I've been contacted by a few traveling stylists and one local model for testing, but quite frankly, I'm not sure I can be bothered. I think my portfolio is at the point where I don't need to test that much any more. Isn't that when people are supposed to start paying me? I may end up working with them anyway. If I'm not getting paid work it doesn't mean I am going to stop shooting.

No comments: