Monday, April 13, 2009

The Wackness

I have always heard other photographers complain of flaky models. I had always been so fortunate as to always have good, dependable models...up until yesterday. I woke up at 7:30 in the morning to get ready to meet the model at 9:00. I loaded crap into my car the night before, I printed forms, I collected props and clothing, and at 8:45 I picked my friend up from her house because she was going to assist me. I waited for the model from 9:00 to 9:30, and she was a no show. Not only did she not show, she didn't tell me she wasn't coming so I could leave, and she has yet to respond to my model mayhem messages. The nerve!

I guess I understand why it is so frustrating for photographers now. Granted, it could have been a lot worse. Thankfully this was a shoot very close to my house so I didn't go all the way to another city to be flaked on. Plus, since I had my friend with me, we just made a day out of it. But I really wanted to shoot. It has been two weeks since my shoot with Brooke and I don't have another shoot for another two weeks. What a downer. I hope the model is okay...her port filled up fast which led me to believe that she didn't just flake for the sake of flaking. But still, an indication or a post-flake apology would have been nice. I have a policy of not rescheduling with flaky models (and I just made this policy because I never had to deal with it before). So that's it for Ms. Jessica. What a waste of time, money and effort.

My next shoot is on April 24th - a client, book-building shoot with a model named Emily. I'm also looking forward to working with my model-muse Hannah sometimes soon, though we're still figuring things out.

2 comments:

♥ fashion chalet said...

Thank you. :)

I still need to see the film that your blog post is titled (with MK!)

xo

Hugh O'Malley Fashion Photographer London said...

you should out the model. post a link to her profile...