Saturday, April 25, 2009

Second Helpings? My Plate is Full.

Somehow my life has become exponentially more busy in the last two weeks. A month or so ago I applied for a freelance music writing position for an online rock website. I got the position, along with a few other people, but I only started writing last week because it took that long to get the ball rolling. In addition, a few months ago (I'm talking December here) I e-mailed a local non-profit organization volunteering my writing services. They didn't response until about two weeks ago, which was pretty shocking to me. I know it's for a good cause, so I agreed to do it even though my schedule is dramatically tighter than it was in December. I feel like they think I have a lot more free time than I actually do. I'm a bit worried because I have quite a bit of work to do for them by about Wednesday.

In addition, I am still shooting! More than ever! I'm hoping I go pro this summer! I have a shoot on Friday (5/1) and one the Friday after that (5/8), and I am trying to book a third shoot with Hannah and it looks like it May end up being Thursday (5/7). My birthday is (5/15) and then from 5/20 to 5/24 I will be in seattle visiting my friend Sacha.

And to top it off, they have actually been giving me more work to do at work these days. I know, that's what I am supposed to be doing right? But with gym, shoots and the rest of my social life, I may not have the time to do these extra-curricular activities. I was definitely counting on doing these writing projects at work.

But I'm sure everything will be okay and work itself out.

I had a very successful shoot with a visiting model named Melissa. Melissa is signed with AW models and hails from Alberta, Canada. She flew in this morning and practically came immediately to our shoot - what a trooper! Because she has a canadian number, we could only communicate through text, and there was a little confusion about which BART stop to get off at, but everything turned out for the better. My friend Shaz assisted me on this one, her first time doing so, but to be honest the light was pretty good. She was there basically to keep us company.

Melissa has a lovely personality. It was really a pleasure shooting with her. I have shot with models that were nice before, but all business - hard to get to them to laugh or crack a smile. Melissa was very easy going and cool. I think we all genuninely had fun. We shot in front of the deens shop which was just kind of funny and ironic. I came assuming everything had closed for the weekend but apparently a church bought the corner of the business lot, so they were in full swing when we got there. It was kind of funny and ironic. I had intended to shoot on their side, but I didn't know that there was a church there and that they operate on Saturdays. Every once in a while someone would come in or out and just kind of look at us with confusion. For a little while, a little boy was just standing there staring at us. It was hilarious.

Here are the days best shots from change #1:




Here are the days best shots from change #2:

Just Shoot 04
Just Shoot 03
Just Shoot 01
Just Shoot 02

1 comment:

Shaz said...

love these photos...the wayfarer glasses are super cute :)