Thursday, February 19, 2009

byte size

After much deliberation, I finally decided on a new computer to buy. I don't have a lot of money at my disposal, and I know Macs are the best things for graphics editing. So I bought a Mac Mini. Isn't it adorable? It is 6.5 inches by 2 inches. Of course its size and cuteness are not what convinced me...at $599, it was the price. The iMac, which I had been looking at before, is $1200 at the least. Plus, I am sure the Mac Mini's small size will come in handy at some point. I'm not stoked about prematurely buying a computer since my laptop died, but I am excited to have one - one that is dependable.

I'm in the process of trying to procure a Mac photoshop, and I am also planning a Nylon-esque shoot with local model Gloria. In addition, I finally made the leap and purchased my leather bound portfolio today. A few more shoots, and I think I will be ready to start going to agencies to ask for models to test with...and then get paid for it. I'll be printing my 11x14 images over at Costco because they are a mere $2 as opposed to $12.99 at Ritz and $19.99 at Walgreens.

No comments: