Monday, November 3, 2008

Fashion is a Skill, plus ANTM Survivors!

Even when it was super trendy, I was much wary of the dreaded poncho. I have never, ever seen a poncho that looked chic, that didn't make the wearer look fat, that didn't look utterly cheap and tacky.

And then Raych from That's Chic had to come along and prove me so wrong, I now am DYING for a poncho. And yes the poncho can be chic and daring without being tacky. Thanks, Raych! I find keeping up with these things extremely important since I do most of the styling for my shoots, and fashion is half the battle.



Now I am imagining a black poncho with some gray jeans and the mary-jane-booties by report I had dani wear for our indie inspired shoot. Ahh, fashion is an art, and it's an art that I love.

On another note, I discovered that cycle 10 loser Katarzyna Dolinska has been booking a lot of editorial work since her dismissal from America's Next Top Model, and rightfully so. Besides the beautiful Lisa Jackson, I thought Katarzyna was one of the only models in the show who ever had that high-fashion look. She was kicked off for one bad preformance in addition to the judges claiming she had no personality. Well, personality or no personality, she is back and looking better than ever, and did an editorial in a Greek magazine. She looks amazing and models superbly. Info and photo thanks to DesignScene.net.



The weather isn't very encouraging right about now for photoshoots. It has been raining on and off all day and I am very worried about my shoots with Hannah (which has been confirmed) and Anamika (not confirmed) next week. I'd hate to cancel, even though it would be totally understandable if I did if it were raining. I love photography, but damn do I hate the planning. I can't wait until I am a big famous photographer with a lot of money and assistants to throw around so I don't have to do this :P.

Please, please let the weather look up!!

2 comments:

Raych said...

What an incredibly sweet piece you wrote about me!!! I seriously couldn't stop smiling when I read it earlier at work!!

I'm really glad that I inspired you to invest in a poncho. I'll let you in on a secret that I haven't decided if I'm going to publicly post on my blog (well, maybe later) but I got that piece off eBay for 15 bucks! Plus shipping and handling, so like 25ish.

It's soooo versatile. It's supposed to be a vest, but I poked my head through the arm hole anyway, and voila!

http://cgi.ebay.com/BLACK-WOOL-VEST-SHAWL-WRAP-CARDIGAN-CAPE-SWEATER-S-M-L_W0QQitemZ370106049769QQihZ024QQcategoryZ63866QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

If you decide to get it, let me know! I wanna see how you wear it!

Thanks for saying that stuff about me, I really appreciate it!

xoxo

Raych

Sarah said...

np raych, I just think it is a brilliant outfit, and maybe want to use it for some photo-styling :D Wow, that's pretty clever of you! It's a pretty cute vest too. Did you have to cut it to do that? What did you do to deal with the other hole? I may have to buy it...or be cheap and sew one as I am currently unemployed!