Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Believe In Me

I wanted to thank Hannah C. and MUA Rachelle D. for believeing in my enough to be willing to do TFCD with me. In fact, I want to thank all the people in the industry that have supported me and wanted to work with me, especially Aysha A., my photog flickr friend who Dubai who so ready dishes out advice and support. I believe in me more than anyone, and that is the most important thing, but it is nice having others believe in me as well...this isn't something I feel like I have experienced a lot in my life.

Even my brother, upon viewing the pictures from my latest shoot with Hannah, told me, in his own way, that I have a shot at this. And I am aiming for the top...and I'd love to take those who believe in me with me! I think I deserve it. I think I have vision.

I have always thought photogs who make themselves facebook groups narcissistic, even though I know that in a business like photography, you really have to get yourself out there and publicize to get anywhere. I am generally a humble person so this vexed me. I was discussing this with my brother, and he told me that when it comes to money, there is no such thing as narcissism.

Wise words.

Due to scheduling conflicts, it appears that I may have to postpone my shoot with Danielle until next week.

And a funny side note, while I was shooting Hannah (in the shots where she was wearing the beret), a lady came up to us smiling and said

Her: "Parisian!?"
Me and Hannah: "Huh?"
Her: "Parisian!"
Me: "Umm, why yes!"

That was what I was going for, haha, but I guess it doesn't mean much if she's wearing a beret. Before the beret went on and Hannah was wearing the top and boots, we decided she looked like a French Pirate rather than Parisian, LOL.

No comments: